hp Tru64 UNIX Network Administration
Course Code: U3633S
Length: 5 days
Schedule and Registration
- Mon, May 14, 2018 $3,500.00 Denver, CO
This course is designed for individuals with experience managing a HP Tru64 UNIX V5 operating system who are interested in internetworking topics.
This course builds on topics covered in a HP Tru64 UNIX V5 System Administration course and the student's experience managing a HP Tru64 UNIX V5 system.
Who Should Attend
Individuals experienced in managing a HP Tru64 UNIX V5 operating system who are interested in internetworking topics.
Students should have the experience and knowledge provided by:
Benefits of Attending this Class
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to describe how a computer system can participate in a TCP/IP network. They will be able to set up and manage a TCP/IP network, NFS server and clients, BIND service, Network Information Service (NIS) and Local Area Transport (LAT) service. They will be able to describe the use of the BOOTP and DHCP protocols. Students will be able to set up and install software using the Remote Installation Service (RIS). They will be able to set up Dataless Management Services (DMS) server. Students will be able to configure remote and LAT printers.
- Networking overview
- Setting up the TCP/IP network
- Using TCP/IP network commands
- Managing a TCP/IP network
- Managing the Network File System (NFS)
- Configuring the BIND service
- Configuring the Network Information Service (NIS)
- Using Bootstrap protocols
- Using Remote Installation Services (RIS)
- Using Dataless Management Services (DMS)
- Setting up the PPP protocol
- Managing the NTP service
- Configuring SNMP
- Using LAT
- Configuring network printing