hp Tru64 UNIX System Administration
Course Code: U3632S
Length: 5 days
Schedule and Registration
- Mon, May 7, 2018 $3,500.00 Denver, CO
- Mon, May 7, 2018 $3,500.00 E-Learning
- Mon, Jun 18, 2018 $3,500.00 Denver, CO
- Mon, Jun 18, 2018 $3,500.00 E-Learning
- Mon, Aug 20, 2018 $3,500.00 Denver, CO
- Mon, Aug 20, 2018 $3,500.00 E-Learning
- Mon, Dec 3, 2018 $3,500.00 Denver, CO
- Mon, Dec 3, 2018 $3,500.00 E-Learning
This course is designed for students who will be installing and managing a Tru64 UNIX V5 system. The course covers the basics from installing operating system software and optional software, to managing file systems and devices, to creating user accounts. The course demonstrates how to manage a Tru64 UNIX system using the four methods of performing administrative tasks including SysMan Tool, SysMan Station, graphical user interfaces in the Common Desktop Environment and command line scripts.
Who Should Attend
Students with some experience in a UNIX environment who will be managing or assisting in the management of a Tru64 UNIX V5 environment.
Students should have the experience and knowledge provided by course U3631S - Utilities and Commands.
Benefits of Attending this Class
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to identify system administration responsibilities. They will be able to install the operating system, load and unload optional software and shut down and boot the system. Students will be able to maintain the file system, back up and restore files and file systems and manage user accounts. They will be able to monitor system performance and troubleshoot system problems.
- Administering Tru64 UNIX
- Updating system Firmware
- Installing the system
- Performing System Startup and Shutdown
- Loading and Licensing Software
- Managing Disks
- Managing AdvFS File Systems
- Managing the User Environment
- Configuring the Kernel
- Installing Patches
- Performing Backups
- Monitoring the System
- Responding to System Failures