PARSEC Group, Inc., an international support, training and consulting company since 1986, is continuing it's growth. On occasion, we need to increase our staff to be able to maintain our high level of quality service to our customers. Check back here to see our current opportunities.
Technical Specialist I
Ready to kick-start your career? PARSEC Group is seeking a highly motivated professional with experience in Unix for a full-time position in our corporate headquarters in Denver, Colorado.
The Technical Specialist will be responsible for providing technical support, consulting and training services to PARSEC's customers for the Unix operating systems.
The duties and responsibilities of the specialist includes, but is not limited to:
- Taking technical support calls from clients to address Unix based questions, problems and procedures
- Consulting for our clients' system administration projects as they arise
- Developing and providing mini-presentations for system administrators
- Performing remote system monitoring for our clients
- Provision and support lab hardware and software resources to support client-environment simulation
- Work with sales and customers planning future projects
- Identify other opportunities to assist our customers
- Accurately documenting activities and time spent in PARSEC's activity tracking system
The ideal candidate possesses all of the following skills and experience.
- Minimum 3 years of training or experience in system administration
- Knowledgeable in at least two of the following operating systems:
- Oracle Solaris
- Tru64 UNIX
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Participate in on-call rotation for 24x7 support incidents on an ongoing basis
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to expand knowledge to include other operating systems and environments
- Knowledge of operating system administration
- Self motivated team player
- Willingness to teach in small classroom environment
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent and relevant degree; work experience in lieu of degree may be considered
Linux experience accompanied with a strong desire to expand into Unix will be considered.
|Schedule:||Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm, with on-call and occasional after-hours responsibility|
|Virtual:||No, position requires work in office|
|Salary:||Commensurate with experience|
|Travel:||Limited travel; not more than 4 weeks per year is expected|
|Relocation:||No, this position will not cover relocation expenses|
|Background Check:||Required before employment begins|
|Credit Check:||No, could be required later based on customer requirements|
|Drug Screen:||No, could be required later based on customer requirements|
Some of the benefits we offer our employees include:
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- 401K retirement plan
- $10,000 life insurance
- Major paid holidays as recognized by PARSEC Group
- Fun and interesting team work environment
- Many opportunities to expand technical skills
We are looking only for candidates willing to join us directly as W2 employees. No third party candidates. Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
If you believe you have the skills we need, please e-mail your salary requirements and resume with cover letter in MS Word, PDF or OpenOffice ODT format to email@example.com.
PARSEC Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or veteran status.