Masters Education Program
PARSEC’s Masters Education Program (MEP) isn't your typical online technical seminar.
What if each month you could be a part of a seminar that is geared towards creating best practices for legacy and state-of-art systems with topics such as OpenVMS Crash-Dump Analysis or IP Filtering on UNIX? Would it impress your boss if you learned new methods to ensure current relevance and utility for your company? Would it elevate your job performance, or help you solve a vexing problem? If so, save your seat now in PARSEC's next MEP!
Every month you will learn information inspired by actual case studies that you can apply on-the-spot. We pack technical and practical material into a comfortable 2 hour online session that tops off with ample time for Q&A and valued feedback. Bonus! You get exclusive access to download our extensive documentation at the time of each seminar. Here's a sample list of some of our past seminars:
- Road Trip! VMS Bootcamp 2016 Conference Report
- Bare-Metal System Recovery
- Cleaning Out the Cruft on OpenVMS
- Systemd and Other Major Changes in Redhat Linux 7
- Monitoring OpenVMS with Open-Source SNMP Tools
- Turning Ruby Scripts into Commands
- OpenVMS Performance Tools
- IP Filtering on Unix
As a perk of being a much appreciated PARSEC support customer, each session is free. If your company is not yet benefiting from PARSEC’s support, you can join any MEP for a modest cost per person. Furthermore, if you sign up for a telephone support contract with us, within 30 days of attending the MEP, we will credit the seminar cost to your support invoice. For as long as you’re a support customer, you will not only enjoy the peace of mind in knowing you’re support needs are covered, but future seminars will be free as well.
OpenVMS Boot Camp 2017 Trip Report
This session will be a Special Report from PARSEC staff who attended the OpenVMS Boot Camp held in Westford, Massachusetts during the last week of September 2017. We will summarize and cover what was seen and heard at Boot Camp, including sessions and news from VMS Software Inc (VSI) regarding the much-anticipated port of OpenVMS to the x86 architecture/platform, and from the VMS Community. We'll hit the VMS high notes, including:
- Updated VMS development roadmap
- News about the x86 port
- Interesting x86 features
- Comparison of architectures: VAX, Alpha, Itanium and x86-64
- Application modernization
- Enhanced VMS Password Policy Management, together with updated Security Best Practices
- Details of the new VMS Advanced File System (VAFS, 64-bit file system)
- News about the new VMS TCP/IP stack
- Any other important announcements and significant presentations or topics
After the initial presentation we'll open up the mics for Q&A from the audience. This session will fore-go the usual MEP presentation document, but we will make a brief written "Summary of Boot Camp Topics" available to all participants.
This training session is scheduled - 1:00pm MDT. We link to www.worldtimeserver.com to convert to your local time. Note that this is planned as a 2 hour presentation to provide sufficient time to cover all of the topics. To register or to ask any questions, please contact us via e-mail to email@example.com or fill out the inquiry page.