IT Modernization Solutions
PARSEC Group offers multiple modernization solutions & services for every layer of your OpenVMS & Unix environment. Modernization over migration – we know the difference and they are not the same!
Modernizing your environment may mean simply upgrading your operating system to the latest version, or it might involve moving to different hardware alternatives that can “lift and shift” your OS and applications to run seamlessly on modern server architecture without an expensive migration project, application rewrite or change to your business processes. Or, maybe you’re looking to modernize ancient monolithic applications to be AI-enabled with microservices architecture and web-based API interfaces that interact seamlessly with other APIs. Whatever your vision is, let us show you which of our cutting-edge modernization solutions may be a good fit for your environment, whether that be on-premise, colocation, hosted in the cloud, or a variety of all the above.
Our capabilities and expertise open a new world of possibilities that empower your highly reliable and robust mission-critical and end-of-support systems to become some of the most cutting-edge, interoperable & secure systems within your IT infrastructure. We’ll also provide you the tools and expertise your developers need to create easy and accessible future experiences for your end-users. Finally, you can achieve your future on-premise, cloud and multi-cloud initiatives seamlessly and cost effectively with PARSEC Modernization Solutions.
Operating System Upgrade
Operating system expertise is PARSEC's specialty
For operating systems beyond their vendor lifespan or in complex situations where time and stability matter, upgrading can be a challenge. Even for very old or rare systems, PARSEC consultants can assist with getting your server(s) updated, patched, and into a well maintained state.
- We've seen the pitfalls of customers' failed upgrades. We can help you avoid the drama with our thousands of hours of experience.
- We'll apprise you of the risks and benefits associated with your upgrade.
- We’ll form a plan to mitigate uncertainty and prevent data loss during your upgrade.
- We will collaborate with you in pre-upgrade activities such as backups, system image creation, or provisioning virtual machines.
- We can simulate or model your upgrade before it goes to your production environment so you can plan and identify data risks before they bite.
- If you need a back-out plan, we can collaborate with you to form the fastest and most effective strategy.
Bottom line is that we'll make your OS upgrade as painless as possible.
PARSEC hardware solutions and alternatives mitigate risks related to aging hardware
Organizations often struggle to find balance between maintaining uptime, security and stability of their mission-critical operating systems and applications while facing the inevitable and ever-nearing reality of aging hardware and the risks associated.
PARSEC Group offers several solutions and hardware alternatives to mitigate the risks associated with aging hardware without requiring any changes to your OS or applications. Yes, even for operating systems deemed incompatible with modern hardware architecture or cloud providers.
Emulation & Host Virtualization
- Companies still rely on mission-critical applications running on VAX, Alpha, HPPA, SPARC and x86 systems. PARSEC Group couples our advanced technical expertise with emulation & virtualization solutions to offer a suite of full-featured virtual environments which are often more powerful than the actual hardware. There is no expensive migration application rewrite or painful conversion of normal business practices. The OpenVMS, Tru64 UNIX (OSF/1), Oracle Solaris, HP-UX, MPE/iX operating systems remain the same and the applications continue to run unchanged.
- We can help you migrate your existing systems into virtual machines. We have expert knowledge of Built in Unix virtualization such as Solaris containers and LDOMs, AIX VIOS & DLPAR hosts, HP VPARs & NPARs, and Linux virtualization such as Xen, KVM, LXC, and OpenVZ.
Hosting, Cloud & Multicloud Services
- PARSEC offers customized hosting options for your environment. This includes the full gamut of Unix and Linux operating systems and all versions of OpenVMS running on VAX or Alpha hardware. You can host your systems with PARSEC, or we can help you find and integrate your systems with your preferred hosting, co-location, or cloud provider.
- Whether you prefer your system be hosted with PARSEC Group, with a cloud or co-location provider of your choice, or on-premise with the capability of bridging together multiple operating systems, applications, databases & hardware all running on any variety of versions and located in a diverse number of physical and virtual locations, we can make your vision a reality! Welcome back to the future of computing!
OpenVMS Data Modernization
PARSEC provides developers with the interoperability and tools they need to create easy and accessible future experiences for their users
OpenVMS API provides access to RMS Data in real time
PARSEC Group now offers an OpenVMS RESTful Dynamic API that enables you to implement the Windows, Web, and Mobile (Android / iOS) style GUI applications that your users want while still delivering the robust performance and proven reliability you’ve come to depend on from your OpenVMS/RMS systems.
- The OpenVMS RMS RESTful JSON API provides simple access to RMS data. No ODBC. No SQL database. Create remote applications that interact in real time with RMS.
- The API is 100% native OpenVMS and runs seamlessly with VAX, Alpha, or Integrity.
- The API for OpenVMS systems enables your application to: INSERT * READ * UPDATE * DELETE records in your RMS data file in real time.
- Functionality includes file and record locking and all data types including binary, as keys and members of compound keys.
- Use the OpenVMS API to connect to custom UIs, dashboards, reporting services, and report templates in REALTIME.
- Direct data access for BI applications, portals, and more
- Integration with web applications
- Application integration and BPM
- Efficient data integration
- Data-driven business event detection
Finally, you can access your RMS data in modern applications while avoiding the headaches, time delays, and expense of migration. What will you create?