LPIC-1 Exam Prep (Course 1)
Course Code: LPI101
Length: 4 days
Schedule and Registration
This course is not currently scheduled.
This course prepares students to take the 101 exam of the LPI level 1 certification. The Linux Professional Institute (LPI) is the go to certification body for vendor independent Linux certifications.
This course covers fundamental Linux skills such as file management and manipulation, text processing, command line use, package management, filesystems, hardware, and many more. Students will feel confident taking the LPI LPIC-1 101 exam with in classroom assessments and practice exams.
This course is validated against the v4.0 objectives.
General computing knowledge and experience. No prior knowledge with Linux is required.
- Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7
- SUSE Linux Enterprise 12
- Work on the Command Line
- Use Streams, Pipes, and Redirects
- Manage File Permissions and Ownership
- Create, Delete, Find, and Display Files
- Work with Archives and Compression
- Process Text Streams Using Filters
- Search Text Files Using Regular Expressions
- Perform Basic File Editing Operations Using VI
- Create, Monitor, and Kill Processes
- Use RPM, YUM, and Debian Package Management
- Work with Partitions, Filesystems, and Disk Quotas
- Linux Boot Process
- Determine and Configure Hardware Settings
Appendix: Linux Fundamentals
- Unix Origins and Design Principles
- FSF and GNU
- GPL - General Public License
- The Linux Kernel
- Components of a Distribution
- Red Hat Linux Products
- SUSE Linux Products
- Logging In
- got root?
- Switching User Contexts
- Gathering Login Session Info