RHEL Clustering and Storage Management
Course Code: GL645
Length: 3 days
Schedule and Registration
- Mon, Dec 18, 2023 $2,895.00 Denver, CO
GL645 is an in-depth course that focuses on two key areas, Linux advanced storage administration and high availability (HA) clustering. Storage is integral to many HA clusters so as to make use of clustered storage technologies to enable active/active configurations.
Over the course of many in-depth lab exercises each student will assemble a realistic three-node Linux cluster utilizing best practices. Each node has three network interfaces and each student's cluster has its own dedicated VLAN.
The class contains an LIO storage array for shared LUNs among the nodes. This enables students to perform very real world tasks in a real world setting, including multipathing, redundant ring cluster communication, quorum disk, and last man standing cluster scenarios. Course topics include: iSCSI, GlusterFS, UDEV, Device Mapper and Multipathing, Cluster LVM, Global File System v2, Corosync, Red Hat Cluster Manager, Fencing, and Cluster Resource Management.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7
- Introduction to Clustering and Storage Management
- Corosync and Quorum Management
- STONITH and Fencing
- Pacemaker Cluster Resource Manager
- Advanced Resource Configuration
- Storage Technologies
- Kernel Device Management
- Device Mapper and Multipathing
- Advanced LVM & Cluster LVM
- Global File System (GFS) 2