Red Hat Enterprise Linux Systems Administration I
Course Code: GL124
Length: 5 days
Schedule and Registration
This course is not currently scheduled.
The GL124 course is designed to follow an identical set of topics as the Red Hat® RH124 course with the added benefit of very comprehensive lab exercises and detailed lecture material.
The Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) system administration topics covered in this course along with the GL134 course cover the certification objects of the Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) exam.
The topics covered include essential command line tools, installing RHEL, remote administration techniques, managing local storage, system monitoring, basic user and security, administration, connecting to a network and deploying FTP and Web servers.
Red Hat® is a registered trademark of Red Hat, Inc. and its use by PARSEC Group, Inc. does not imply association or sponsorship by Red Hat, Inc.
Students must be proficient in general computing skills but not necessarily experienced with Linux or Unix.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7
- Access the Command Line
- Manage Files from the Command Line
- Get Help in a Textual Environment
- Create, View, and Edit Text Files
- Manage Local Linux Users and Groups
- Control Access to Files with Linux File System Permissions
- Monitor and Manage Linux Processes
- Control Services and Daemons
- Configure and Secure OpenSSH Service
- Analyzing and Storing Logs
- Manage Red Hat Enterprise Linux Networking
- Archive and Copy Files Between Systems
- Install and Update Software Packages
- Access Linux File Systems
- Manage Virtual Machines
- Comprehensive review