PARSEC Group offers the option of e-Learning, making it possible for you to take our classes from anywhere in the world via a standard Internet connection. Our interactive, engaging training is conducted through this reliable, secure IT infrastructure, providing you with the ultimate online training environment.
Convenient and Economical
All you need is a connection to the Internet to connect from anywhere in the world to your training session with e-Learning.
- Eliminate all travel costs and unproductive travel time
- Reduce time spent away from the office or home
- Retain all the benefits of traditional classroom learning
- Attend the same course you would be attending in the classroom with the same instructor and class-mates
Our e-Learning training has attracted people from around the world from such places as Ireland and India but our most favorite - Navy personnel somewhere in the middle of the ocean!
Interactivity and Environment Sharing
e-Learning brings people together for a shared learning experience enhanced by online tools, all while not disrupting classroom time. Tools include extensive Q&A management, including a "hands up" feature; group and private chat rooms; and application and document sharing.
Consistent information is delivered; the students in the classroom, and those attending remotely, hear the same message and walk away with the same understanding.
PARSEC Group uses gotomeeting.com to deliver our e-Learning to our customers. GoToMeeting provides several options for connecting to the class.
- Join from the desktop app on Windows 7 - Windows 10 or Mac OS X 10.9 or later
- Join from a web browser on Windows, Mac, Linux or Chromebook
- Join from iPhone or iPad running iOS 8 or later
- Join from Android device running Android 4.0 or later
- Join from Windows Phone 8 or later
Audio is provided via Voice over IP (VoIP) and requires a microphone and speakers, or a USB headset (recommended).
Access to the lab systems at PARSEC Group is provided through telnet or SSH. Windows users will need to install a terminal emulator such as TeraTerm or PuTTY. These products are free and can be downloaded from the following URL:
Please test access to our systems from your PC and through your firewalls by connecting to class.parsec.com. If you are unable to get connected, contact us so that we may help you be prepared to get the most out of your training.