Backup Procedures and Implementation
PARSEC Group understands the importance of protecting your invaluable data. Let our experts design and implement a customized backup, archival, and/or disaster recovery plan to protect you and your data from any unexpected disasters.
Some considerations when determining the best backup procedures:
- Portability requirements - what systems must be able to access the data?
- Level of automation - will operators be available to change the media or must it be fully automated?
- Level of experience of users - are experienced users restoring files?
- What type of media is available for storage?
- Is off-site storage of backup media available and if yes where?
- How much time is available to perform backup?
- How much time is available to restore data in the case of a complete file system failure?
- What are the security requirements for the backup media?
- What are the requirements to have data consistency?
- Are there any special requirements such as those imposed by some database servers?
- What are the requirements for storage of backup logs and journals?
- What is an acceptable amount of lost data - 1 hour, 1 day, 1 week, etc.?