OpenVMS Remote System Administration
Whether you use your OpenVMS© hosts to run your organization, handle specialized tasks, or are simply required to keep them around for regulatory reasons, we understand that maintaining your OpenVMS environment is important. However, between replacing system administrators who have retired or moved on, hiring in a competitive IT labor market, and budgets that make it difficult to justify hiring full time system administrators, we understand that this can be challenging.
PARSEC can help with our Remote System Administration (RSAsm). Our professional team has decades of systems administration experience, and specific experience with OpenVMS versions 5.x, all the way up to the very latest release. All you have to do is provide remote access (usually a VPN or SSH access with appropriate ACLs and keys), and we can interact directly with your systems to quickly resolve problems and perform system administration tasks giving you a lower cost system administration solution for your business.
How does it work?
Remote System Administration is highly customizable, and can be used for anything from full system administration of your OpenVMS environment, to supplementing your existing staff. In other words, you can build your package to include the services you need, and leave out the services you don't. In addition to all of our standard support features, these are a few examples of what is available with RSA:
- Network configuration changes
- Maintenance of file system usage
- Security auditing and analysis*
- Monitoring of backup procedures
- User management and provisioning on demand
- Print queue management
- Monitoring and performance administration
- Regular monitoring of the systems with our proprietary Online System Monitor (OSM)© tool
*We are experienced with penetration testing and security auditing standards in the HIPAA act, the GLBA, SOX, and PCI requirements. We can work directly with your auditors to help you pass audit.
Our standard OpenVMS support is included with our RSA packages, and covers these areas (and much more):
- VMS clustering
- System backup and recovery
- Security, including password policies, access control lists, and auditing
- Logical and virtual LAN configurations
- DECnet phase IV© and DECnet plus©
- Host based volume shadowing
- Bugcheck analysis
- Performance issues
We also support a limited number of layered products for OpenVMS including Archive Backup Server©, Disk File Optimizer© and the use of compilers and developers tools.