Linux Remote System Administration
Whether you use your Red Hat© and SUSE© Linux hosts to run your organization, handle specialized tasks, or are simply required to keep them around for regulatory reasons, we understand that maintaining your Linux environment is important. However, between replacing system administrators who have retired or moved on, hiring in a competitive IT labor market, and budgets that make it difficult to justify hiring full time system administrators, we understand that this can be challenging.
PARSEC can help with our Remote System Administration (RSAsm). Our professional team has decades of systems administration experience, and specific experience with all versions of Red Hat and SUSE Linux. All you have to do is provide remote access (usually a VPN or SSH access with appropriate ACLs and keys), and we can interact directly with your systems to quickly resolve problems and perform system administration tasks giving you a lower cost system administration solution for your business.
How does it work?
Remote System Administration is highly customizable, and can be used for anything from full system administration of your Linux environment, to supplementing your existing staff. In other words, you can build your package to include the services you need, and leave out the services you don't. In addition to all of our standard support features, these are a few examples of what is available with RSA:
- OS builds and provisioning using Kickstart or done manually
- Assistance with storage management and provisioning using LVM or VxVM
- Configuration of SANs storage and SAN booting for x86 systems
- Security auditing and analysis*
- Artifact creation for regulatory standards such as PCI, GLBA, HIPAA, and SOX
- Safely setup backups and recovery images
- Host-side network provisioning including LACP, Etherchannel, or 802.1q**
- User provisioning and management
- Tuning for performance and stability
- Stability tuning
- Setup or configuration of Clustering (Veritas©, HP Serviceguard©, or Red Hat)
- Documentation updates and development
*We are experienced with penetration testing and security auditing standards in the HIPAA act, the GLBA, SOX, and PCI requirements. We can work directly with your auditors to help you pass audit.
**We have deep networking experience and can help even with very complex active-active bonding and VLAN configurations.
Our standard Linux support is included with our RSA packages, and covers these areas (and much more):
- Build and installation problems
- Logical Volume Manager support
- File system support for Ext, XFS, and BTRFS
- System recovery using dump, filesystem image, or tar backups
- TSEC C2 security and Linux's enhanced user security & PAM
- Role based access control
- Kickstart© and YAST network installation services
- Complex network configurations including LACP, PEGP (Etherchannel), and stacked VLAN setups
- SAN boot, multipathing, NPIV configuration
- Storage multipathing with multipathd and 3rd party tools like EMC Powerpath
- Virtualization interoperation support for KVM, Xen, VMware, OpenVZ, LXC, and Docker
We also support a limited number of product overlays for Linux including Red Hat Cluster©, HP Serviceguard©, and Veritas Volume Manager©.