HP-UX Remote System Administration
Whether you use your HP™ HP-UX© hosts to run your organization, handle specialized tasks, or are simply required to keep them around for regulatory reasons, we understand that maintaining your HP-UX environment is important. However, between replacing system administrators who have retired or moved on, hiring in a competitive IT labor market, and budgets that make it difficult to justify hiring full time system administrators, we understand that this can be challenging.
PARSEC can help with our Remote System Administration (RSAsm). Our professional team has decades of systems administration experience, and specific experience with all versions of HP-UX. All you have to do is provide remote access (usually a VPN or SSH access with appropriate ACLs and keys), and we can interact directly with your systems to quickly resolve problems and perform system administration tasks giving you a lower cost system administration solution for your business.
How does it work?
Remote System Administration is highly customizable, and can be used for anything from full system administration of your HP-UX environment, to supplementing your existing staff. In other words, you can build your package to include the services you need, and leave out the services you don't. In addition to all of our standard support features, these are a few examples of what is available with RSA:
- OS provisioning and setup including via HP Ignite©
- Assistance with storage provisioning and setting up Veritas Volume Manager© (VxVM)
- Help with builds and build-engineering to customer specifications
- Security auditing and analysis*
- Host-side network provisioning including IPMP, LACP, or 802.1q**
- Configuration of SANs storage and SAN booting for Integrity systems
- Artifact creation for regulatory standards such as PCI, GLBA, HIPAA, and SOX
- User provisioning and management
- Tuning for performance and stability
- Setup or configuration of Serviceguard© Clustering
- Documentation updates and development
*We are experienced with penetration testing and security auditing standards in the HIPAA act, the GLBA, SOX, and PCI requirements. We can work directly with your auditors to help you pass audit.
**We have deep networking experience and can help even with very complex active-active bonding and VLAN configurations.
Our standard HP-UX support is included with our RSA packages, and covers these areas (and much more):
- Veritas Volume Manager (VxVM & VxFS) operations of all types
- System recovery using DRD or fbackup images
- TSEC C2 security and HP-UX's enhanced user security & PAM
- Trusted-Mode HP-UX support
- Role based access control
- Ignite installation services
- Complex network configurations including LACP, PEGP (Etherchannel), and stacked VLAN setups
- SAN boot, multipathing, NPIV configuration
- Zones and LDOM configuration and support
We also support a limited number of product overlays for HP-UX, including HP Serviceguard©.