Online System Manager for OpenVMS (OSM)©
Since 1986, PARSEC Group has provided excellent technical services for OpenVMS users. To further support our phone support clients, we created OSM: PARSEC Group's powerful and proven tool enabling proactive system management, predictive maintenance, and exception-based, timely responsiveness. OSM can help you, too!
Comprehensive System Monitoring
OSM keeps a constant watch over your computers. When something unusual occurs, OSM takes the appropriate action. Those responsible deal only with the exceptions, freeing up valuable time. OSM will report on events/alerts for:
- Device Errors
- Page and Swap File Utilization
- Excessive Disk Fragmentation
- Disk Space Utilization
- Memory Utilization
- File System Caches
- CPU Utilization
- Security Alarms
- Pool Expansion
- Page Faults
- User-Defined Events
Each type of event may be defined as either critical or non-critical. The critical events cause immediate action to be taken while the non-critical events are stored up for later notification. This prevents the System Manager from being interrupted with too much "noise" while they are doing their normal job. With multiple methods of reporting, the System Manager may be notified for each type of event in the way most beneficial to them.
- Operator Requests
- ASCII File
- Binary File
- Binary Errorlog File
- Command Procedure
OSM has other features that assist in the management of a client's OpenVMS systems. These include:
- Remote System Monitoring
OSM can notify you when another node on your network goes down or is not being properly monitored by OSM.
- SYSUAF Synchronization
OSM can propagate changes to the user authorization file. If you change your password on one system, OSM can make the same change on other nodes.
- Time Synchronization
Time differences between systems may be reported, corrected or both.
- Automated Fixes
Execute any command or command procedure to correct an event.
Requirements: One of the following versions of OpenVMS is required.
- OpenVMS I64 V8.2 or later
- OpenVMS Alpha V6.1 or later
- OpenVMS VAX V6.0 or later
There are two ways to use the tool:
- You can purchase outright the license for OSM and have your team monitor the infrastructure; or
- You can have PARSEC Group install the license(s) and have us monitor your environment for a nominal monthly fee, receive the alerts, make recommendations to have you take the corrective action or have PARSEC Group take the fix against a Block of Consulting Hours.